Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes

I can't believe I haven't posted this easy recipe before because it's one of our super easy go-to meals when we're in a pinch. 

Here's a peak at my finished product. Don't mind the poor quality of these photos from my phone - my camera battery was charging. They are way more tasty than the photos make them look.


 
Start with 1 pound of lean {grass fed if possible} ground beef

Brown the meat, then drain it

Stir in the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. That's it!

Post simmering


 
 I used a tortilla (heated for 30 seconds in the microwave) and it was delish! We've also used sandwich rounds and regular bread too - it works with whatever your preference is. 


Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp brown sugar
Dash powdered onion
Dash powdered garlic
Dash parsley
Pepper to taste

Brown meat. Once the meat is browned, drain it, then  put it back in your skillet and stir in all ingredients and let it all simmer for 30 minutes. It'll thicken up a bit as it simmers. That's really it. It's also dairy free which is important for my diet these days.




We've had many gray days lately and a huge cool down yesterday equipped with snow flurries! It's looking like a spring week ahead in the 50's and 60's, so we can't complain. 

I'm still enjoying our budding trees and watching the growth each day. I may be a nerd, but it's very fascinating. 


Today's Nature Pinspiration:
Nature by Einstein
(source)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...