Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spicy Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry

I made dinner last night and I have to share this recipe. It was in the top ten.. maybe even top 5 of meals I've made. In my entire life. The flavor was awesome and is a dish we'll definitely make again. 

Isn't it pretty? The red pepper makes it so colorful!

The recipe is up next, but a few random things first...


I want to share this video I've started using again. It's great for tight/sore muscles. I did it 3 days last week and can feel a difference in my knees and in my shoulders. My neck is a work in progress:) 

It's an easy going video and they focus on other muscles in other videos too - I just have this video.  I also like that there are different options - 20, 30, and 40 minutes on the DVD so I adjust depending on how much time I have.


I also had my first few glasses of prune juice this week to help digestively. I chugged one glass and found I preferred that method so I didn't taste it as much! It was great to rid of bloating and keep things moving.. if you know what I mean. Stupid IBS. We did not get along this week. 
(source)
I love this idea for all the ticket stubs I keep! 
Pinned Image
(source)
This is a great idea for washing fruit with a vinegar mixture and making it last longer in the fridge.
Cleaning fruit - "fill sink with water, add 1 C. vinegar, mix.  Add all fruit and soak for 10 minutes.  Water will be dirty and fruit will sparkle with no wax or dirty film. Great for Berries too--keeps them from molding.  I do this with strawberries and they last for weeks!"

 Ok, back to the recipe!

Spicy Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker


Ingredients:
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) (...I think I did 1/4 tbsp here and it has a KICK, so watch out, I'll have to be sure to use 1/8 or 1/4 tsp next time)
1 tablespoon white vinegar (I used red wine vinegar since that's what I had - either would be fine)1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 tablespoon vegetable oil1 teaspoon grated gingerroot (optional)
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts (I used cashews since that's what I had)
2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
1 can water chestnuts (we added this and I think it's a great addition!)
Rice would be a great addition (which I left out by accident)
Add any other veggies you want! Broccoli would be good in here too


Directions:

Cut your veggies (I didn't  do this and was scurrying around the kitchen to do it!). Once you get started, it all moves quickly.

Mix broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper; set aside.

Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate to coat. Add chicken, garlic and ginger root (use caution, the oil pops in the beginning); stir-fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.

Add broth mixture to wok. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Stir in peanuts and water chestnuts (optional). Sprinkle with onions.


There you have it! It's delicious. As I write this post, I keep going to the fridge to snack on leftovers of this meal. It's sooo good. 


 Yum. Enjoy it. 


Here's today's Smile themed Pinspiration! 
Marilyn Monroe quote
(source)
Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile
(source)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...